In this context, ARICE will provide researchers with transnational access to four European and two international research icebreakers:
- PRV Polarstern, Germany
- IB Oden, Sweden
- RV Kronprins Haakon, Norway
- RRS Sir David Attenborough, United Kingdom
- CCGS Amundsen, Canada
- RV Sikuliaq, United States of America
ARICE will open two calls for ship-time proposals, one opening in spring 2018, and a second one opening early in 2019:
- ARICE CALL 2018 giving access to PRV Polarstern, CCGS Amundsen, and RV Sikuliaq, and
- ARICE CALL 2019 giving access to IB Oden, RV Kronprins Haakon and RRS Sir David Attenborough.
ARICE CALL 2018: NOW OPEN!
We are now inviting you to submit ship-time proposals requesting access to PRV Polarstern, CCGS Amundsen and RV Sikuliaq in the Arctic Ocean to carry out ship-based research activities within any field of marine science (restrictions may apply, check guidelines for applicants and icebreaker’s description).
Deadline for proposal submission 5th of July 2018 3pm CEST.
Download the full call documentation at https://arice.eu/documents.
Proposals must be submitted using the proposal submission portal: https://secure.pt-dlr.de/ptoutline/app/arice2018.
Website: Arctic Research Icebreaker Consortium (ARICE)
More info: ARICE CALL 2018: NOW OPEN!